Hi Keith, what is your best deal for a (wamug) base station? :-)
Mac
On Monday, October 6, 2003, at 12:33 PM, Keith Palmer, Zytech wrote:
It means the new PowerBook requires at least 10.2.7 to boot up but
your DiskWarrior CD only has 10.2.3 on it.
There are a few options that spring to mind -
1. make a 10.2.7 (or .8) startup CD and copy DW3 onto this
2. partition your new PB drive into 2 volumes both with an OS so you
can start up from one and repair the other
3. connect an external (bootable) hard drive
Hope this helps.
I have version 3 of DW which works great on my G4 desktop running OSX
10.2.6 and did equally well on my Pismo G3 500 running the same OS. I
have since replaced Pismo with a new 15" PB, that came standard with
10.2.7! I didnt even know this had been released prior to the
apparently troublesome 10.2.8.
I have loaded DW onto the 15" and it shows the hard disk in need of
some degree of clean up (26% messy!) Since DW cannot do a rebuild on
the system disk I booted with the DW CD and it went nowhere...a blue
blank screen with no DW! (this required a shutdown)
I tried several times more, after a message saying I needed to
uncheck the box in Get info on the CD icon, that says "ignore
ownership on this volume" with still no joy.
Does this mean that 10.2.7 is not compatible with DW 3 and that an
update of DW is required?
chris
Keith Palmer
Zytech Marketing Pty Ltd
PO Box 342 Bunbury 6231
Phone: 08 9791 5556 Fax: 08 9791 5900
the online data storage & technology store -
http://www.zytech.com.au/
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro