On 2003-10-14 at 18:19(GMT+0800) Peter Hinchliffe at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailed off into the ether:

> There is a "Calendar" pop-up menu on
> the drawer which lets me assign the appointment to another calendar,
> thereby changing the colour of the _appointment_, but there is no
> option available to change the colour of the calendar itself, and
> certainly no option anywhere to define custom colours.

Last ditch thought: the "Calendar" popup menu that you talk about only
appears if you have an appointment as the primary selection. Clicking on
a Calendar in the "Calendars" list on the left of the window should
change the Info Panel to display the calendar's name, description, and a
colour swatch.

The selection highlight around the calendar is blue if you have the
calendar as the primary selection, and grey if it is not -- much like
the behaviour of iTunes I suppose.

Failing that, something odd is at work. You Mac isn't sitting next to a
Windows machine by chance?

Good luck

Ry