On 15/10/03 20:29, "Rod Lavington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 15/10/03 8:13 PM, "Simon Hancock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
>> Hi all,
>> Is there a way of getting AppleTalk active within Classic on a non active
>> network port? IE, I have set AppleTalk active within the Network Preference
>> on the Built-in Ethernet port. (I an not using this port, no cable
>> connected) Then within the chooser in OS 9, AppleTalk is disabled. I can
>> only get it working with an active network port.
>> 
>> Any ideas?
>> 
> 
> Hi Simon,
> 
> When running Classic within OSX, classic uses the preferences set in OS X
> ie. Whatever you have set in System Preferences in X is set for Classic
> Appletalk preferences.  And it makes no difference if you are able to
> re-boot into OS 9, as once you go back to X and Classic, it reverts to the
> System Preferences of X.....
> 
> Seeya
> 
> Rod!
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 
> WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro
> 

This is only true for an active network port. If I connect the Ethernet port
to a hub, it works fine. It won't switch to AppleTalk within Classic if the
Ethernet port is not connected to anything. Even with AppleTalk active
selected within the Sys Prefs in X. Do I need an ethernet loopback cable of
some kind?