--- Daniel Kerr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
On 17/10/03 12:01 PM, "Chris Burton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
 
> Hi Chris
> 
> Having just gone through the same experience with
> clients it was better (and
> cheaper) for them to upgrade to a Bluetooth capable
> phone. Also the speeds
> you will get off GPRS/Bluetooth phones is better.
> 
> I spoke to a company over East that used to do the
> SoftGSM cables for phones
> and he said that they are pretty much phasing them
> out in replacement for
> Bluetooth as it's far superior.
> 
> From memory I don't recall if there was a CDMA
> cable,..but I could be wrong.
> 
> Sorry if that isn't much help.
> 
> Kind Regards
> Daniel Kerr 

Further to this, if you do decide to upgrade to a
Bluetooth phone I'll just share this, it may be
useful.

After a lot of looking around for a nice new Bluetooth
mobile that was Mac compayible I found pretty much my
only option to be the new Ericsons. Not only are they
Mac compatible but it appears as though they are
recommended for use with Macs rather than PCs, the
brochures featuring them that I picked up show them
working nicely with an iMac in the pictures, and
they're really nice phones.

Of course, if anyone else can recommend other
Bluetooth phones, with all the extra gimmikcs and
gadgets built in (I love my gadgets) that are Mac
compatible I'd really appreciate it because I'm about
to upgrade my phone and want to know all my options.
After asking at Optus shops, Telstra shops and a few
other phone shops the only Bluetooth Mac compatible
phones they could find were Ericsons. I'm not too
unhappy, they are really great phones as I said, but
it would be nice to play with a few more before I fork
out the money for one.

Kind regards,
Kelly

________________________________________________________________________
Want to chat instantly with your online friends?  Get the FREE Yahoo!
Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk