Hi David

I am very impressed with the quality and service from K-mart (Midland but I guess they're all the same). 6x4s are 47¢ and 5x7s are 95¢ 8x10s are $9 or there abouts. Quality is backed up by Kodak. I have not had a print that wasn't colour accurate. Very competitive when compared to standard film processing.

Eugene

On Sunday, October 19, 2003, at 06:27  PM, Denise Williams wrote:

Hi All
When I want proof-only quality I take a CD (all images saved as 10x15cm
JPG's) to a small photo lab in Glengarry Shopping Centre, just off Warwick Rd. They charge $23 for 20 prints. I've also once used the E-Box at Big W, Karrinyup. Their prices are the cheapest I've seen anywhere....approx 70c per print for less than 10 copies and for over 10 copies, 47c per print. Their E-Box will read all types of capture cards and of course, CD's. Only
trouble is I wasn't very impressed with the quality of colour...lacked
saturation but perhaps they'll get it right one day. I've also seen a
similar Box at K-Mart (you put your capture card into the machine, and using a touch screen, you press on the required images) Don't know their quality or prices. But the good news is that these 'easy-to-use' machines are being
developed and will no doubt compete with film print prices very soon.
Another outlet is Plaza Digital in Plaza Arcade...competitive prices I
think.

Denise Williams-Photographer
Ph/fax 08- 9447 3468
Mob 0417 184592



8/10/03 6:38 AM, David de la Hunty at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

A general question to people doing digital stills: who do you use for
printing standard size stills? A bit of a phone-around has showed huge
variation in cost, and some of the photo shops around Perth find it all
a bit new.

Any of you in the industry in the Perth region, who can give me a price?

Thanks, David de la Hunty


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro