Tonight I was looking at a project called XMeeting that has the
potential for conferencing on the net and using video. It seemed to be
confined to Mac to Mac.
Does anyone know of a Mac to PC conferencing application. It doesn't
have to have video but would need to be able to display pages of
document to all connected and allow for written comment but preferably
voice.
Any H.323 or SIP-based VoIP application should do the trick. Examples
include MS NetMeeting for Win32 and GnomeMeeting for X11 *Nix. I can't
think of a MacOS X SIP or H.323 app off the top of my head, but they
must be around - I expect google could tell you.
Some apps using these protocols will support video, some will be audio only.
BTW - I'm new to WAMUG - or rather returning from the dark ages when a
7200 was the latest whizz-bang gear. So... hi. I'm currently the
sysadmin at the POST Newspapers, and this includes looking after 6 MacOS
9.2 G4s running Quark and Photoshop in our DTP/Production dep't. I
thought I'd subscribe to keep abrest of the news, especially now that
Apple has abandoned MacOS 9 users.
Craig Ringer