Hi all,

Anywhere?  Well, not exactly...

I recently picked up a secondhand iMac (slotloading, 500Mhz) for my son from eBay

Understandably the OS was not on the machine when it arrived from over east

I've spent the afternoon with it and still can't get past the blinking question mark/sys folder icon

I have 7 days to ascertain if it's DOA before I'm lumbered with it  :-(

So far I have:

tried to boot from an OS9.1 disc, an OS 8.6 disc and a norton utilities disc by holding down 'c'
No dice.
tried this with the option key at startup but still no luck (can't see anything to boot from as far as I can tell - just the 'recheck' icon and the 'proceed arrow but nothing to choose from)
Tried command option shift delete to force it...Nope
zapped the pram (I've always wanted to do that!) then retried all of the above
Still no luck
Before I return this, does anyone know of anything I might have missed (have checked the archives but threads of this type appear to run dry)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

cheers,

Stewart


------------------
Stewart Woods
Faculty of Media, Society and Culture
Curtin University of Technology
Western Australia