I've decided that my recently acquired freebie 350 MHZ G3 will never be upgraded to OS X.
I shudder to think what it would run like even on my old supped up7300!!
Apart from experiencing the speed (or lack off) OSX on my old work beige G3 I have sufficient legacy hardware/software that doesn't like OSX (SCSI scanner, ADB graphics tablet, Qubase2 etc etc and I still can't get midi working on OS X at all even though it does auto detect my MIDISPORT)


In the same vein, I have updated my G3 / 300 to Mac OS 10.2 but it wont let me update to 10.3, it's rank discrimination I tell you :-)
Mac
On 12/01/2004, at 8:08, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:


 On 11/01/2004, at 3:51 PM, Bob Howells wrote:

 Hi Wamug

 I came across this while chasing info on a problem.

 It is conditionally possible to instal OSX on Pre G3 machines such as the
 7300 and similar by utilising a software patch ...  XPostFacto 2.2.5



 Yes, but would you really want to??

 -- Peter Hinchliffe
 Apwin Computer Services            FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
 Perth,                                      ::::::::::::::::::::::::
 Western Australia       Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913
 --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.


 -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
 Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
 Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
 Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro

--
~
Mark Secker [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ph#6488 1855 (ECEL)
ECEL Computer Support Officer, University of Western Australia.
CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~

"present day
             present time  "