Schotte
Sent: Wednesday, 21 January 2004 13:07
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: odd battery behaviour -- is it dead Jim?

I have a 12" PowerBook G4, about 9 months old now, running 10.3.2, that has
been doing really odd things with the battery lately. I finally found the
time to look into it properly, and downloaded X-Charge...
which makes really pretty graphs of battery charge ;)

Odd things I've seen this morning include:
 - after charging from 30% to 40%, the graph instantaneously jumps up
   to 100%.
 - after being unplugged an hour later, it took 45 minutes to work
   its way down to 55% -- this is just sitting idling with Sleep
   turned off -- and then it puts itself to sleep. Required power
   adapter to wake up, and then reported charge level as 0%
   It was asleep half an hour before I noticed though..

http://members.iinet.net.au/~schotte/Picture-4.gif

I've not had a portable before, so I'm not quite sure what to make of this
behaviour.. Is the battery dead already? LithIon batteries don't have
memories do they? Is this a 'take it back' issue?

I'd prefer to ask here before I go and pester the nice people at the
AppleCentre ;)

Thanks all!

Ryan

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives -
<http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>