Murdoch University is using iLecture to provide streamed audio for selected units this year. This is helpful to external students like me who can't get to lectures because of work commitments.

As the explanatory material on the iLecture site at Murdoch states, students '...have the option to use either QuickTime or Windows Player. If you are using a Macintosh computer, try QuickTime. If you are using a Windows machine, try Windows Player. Select the appropriate bandwidth from the drop down menu next to the media player your computer supports. The play window will appear. You can start the lecture by clicking on the start button. If you want to listen to a later part of the lecture or go back to an earlier part, you can use the slider. You will need to allow iLecture a little time to stream the part you need'.

I've tried the demo site at Murdoch and can play the test lecture live. It would, however, be useful if I could save each lecture to my hard drive for review purposes (and to minimise wastage of bandwidth).

Anyone got any ideas as to whether it is possible to save these lectures to disk under QuickTime? I'll delete them at the end of semester for copyright reasons.

I've clicked on 'Save movies in disk cache' in the QuickTime Plug-In Preferences pane ... but can't figure out where to look for the Safari disk cache in OS x (Unix).

And what would the file I'll be looking for be called? Presumably the title of each lecture? Or some random alpha-numeric label applied by the system?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cordially,

Richard Kay.
----
Fremantle
Western Australia