Dear WAMUGers,

I have finally taken the plunge and after 8 years of using OS 8.1 am now in
the modern camp using OS X 10.3.2. So my learning curve is pretty steep and
am currently experimenting with Apple's internet suite of Safari and Mail.

I have found using Entourage from M$ easier than Mail, but then I have been
using Outlook on both Mac and Win platforms for many long years. So I guess
that familiarity did influence my opinion.

I have not decided as yet whether Safari has an edge over IE, so far
everything seems to be OK except that for some reason while using Safari to
read my mail my whole computer froze, and all the cooling fans came on
(overheating I guess). There was nothing I could do except to shut down and
reboot. I thought that application errors could not take down the OS!
Besides Safari, I also had Virex on and wonder whether this caused the
complete freeze. (Hardware is G5 running 10.3.2 and lots of RAM)

My question on Safari is: can it save a web page in the 3 formats available
from IE - Web Archive, HTML Source and Plain Text?

Many thanks for any comments.

(Onno, I'm glad I have bought a 17" solid state screen. It is so much better
and I can now work on my spreadsheets with great comfort. Thanks for the
advice.)

Regards to all and see you at the next meeting.


Philippe C.