talking to some one with above room temperature today so I expected
better than this.....
the fact that macs don't currently get viruses (I yes I know it's
"virus") was taken as additional justification as to why we
shouldn't be using macs... the argument went along the lines of "PC
users are prepared for viruses and know how to handle them but when a
mac virus comes along it will hit them harder".
of course the second point is taken care of by telling him that there
is Mac anti-virus software ( to which he couldn't understand how you
could have anti-virus software when there was no viruses for mac)
the first point shot down in flames by the fact that my phone will
melt down if it rings once more with another user(and often a same
person as called yesterday) about " I got this message saying I sent
them a virus" or "I clicked on this attachment now my computer is
infected, how come because you cleaned it yesterday, why?"
.....
--
~
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer
ph#6488 1855 (ECEL) <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
University of Western Australia - CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~
"present day
present time"
<http://ecel-mark.ecel.uwa.edu.au/~marksecker/index.htm> (sometimes works)