Try going here .... but obviously real experience from real people will
also help !

<http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/requirements.html>

Bob

On Saturday, February 7, 2004, at 06:18  AM, David de la Hunty wrote:

Do members have an opinion on whether Panther is generally faster when run on older machines ie G3?

I have a Beige 233 which currently has Jaguar but not surprisingly runs it a bit slowly. If Panther is likely to help I might upgrade. Similar story with: bronze powerbook 333 (handles Jaguar OK) and am just acquiring a 350mHz G3 clamshell iBook...

or would it be too much for these machines?
thanks for your opinions,
David de la Hunty