Hi:

I am considering my next Power Book purchase and am thinking about going to
the 17" model. It is really a contest between the upper-level 15" or the
17".

Could anyone out there who uses a 17" or has experience with both machines
send me an email on or off list with their personal opinion on what was best
for them and why?

Some information about my situation:

1. I am currently using a Ti PB 400 Mhz which is getting slower and is
subject to some wear and tear;

2. I use Adobe and Macromedia projects and am getting into iMovie and may,
in the next few years, be thinking "Final Cut Pro";

3. I take my Mac EVERYWHERE including to work, overseas, on trips, etc--long
battery life and durability is important to me;

5. I am debating whether an extra 2" of screen is worth the price
differential;

6. I am not at all motivated by "having the latest technology" or "what
other people think"--I want a good, durable machine which will take me
through the next 3-4 years.

7. I work at a university and am therefore eligible for academic price.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Nat

--
Mrs Nathalie Collins
Box A176, Australind WA 6233 AUSTRALIA