I have a Powerbook G4 17" running OS 10.2.6 which refuses to boot up. It starts and then stops and at the same time a black rectangle about 30mm wide by 5mm high appears. It has 2 blue vertical lines and some white spots. The boot up refuses to comtinuer. I have run the Apple hardware tests and all is OK. I have run Diskwarrior 3 and it fixed a few things including a directory wrapper and completed the directory rebuild announcing all OK.
The last software installed was the i-sight update.
I can boot up from the original install disk but thats an old version of OSX whicj I don't wish to re-install. I tried to boot up with the first of the 2 original OSX 10.2 disks but that doesn't work (I am holding down the C key on boot up) - and I find that really strange. I do have a complete back up of the PBk hardrive as a disk image on an external firwire drive. Before I take it to the Apple centre and probably have to wait a week before they look at it....

Ideas ?? anyone please

thanks

Doug Sheerer