> According to my information the 5500 "should"  have a ethernet
> jack...  I recall that only the US budget model came without the
> ethernet card in the expansion port .
>
> if your 5500 doesn't have an external monitor port (or you don't mind
> loosing it for the period of transferring data) you will have a empty
> PCI slot to which you may be able to use a generic ethernet card
> which cost $60'ish (I'll defer to the list for technical
> feasibility/recommended cards for this).

I have a black-cased 5500/250 that doesn't have built-in
ethernet, and I'd be surprised if it is a US model. I put in
an Asanté 10/100 PCI Ethernet card that was conveniently on eBay
Australia cheap when I needed it. It's worked great.

I didn't even know that you could have an external monitor port
in one of these though. It has heaps of video in and out ports
already!

Ryan