On 27/2/04 5:05 PM, "Mark Secker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> was a shoot em up for the Microbee - I was the only one in the whole high
>> school computing lab that had a game in their account ;-) The grovelling I
>> had to endure from others so they could play that game!
>>
>
> Ow you had BBC computers in your school!!!! obviously of a younger
> generation than me... we had a few Apple IIe (?) but because none of
> the teachers knew how to use them they sat in the business studies
> room (early PC {Politically correct} speak for secretarial studies)
> and never got turned on.
Microbee were proudly Australian made! They ran CPM and had 5 1/4" plus 3
1/2" drives available. In the early to mid 80s, a lot of schools around
Australia had these. I think our school ditched them in 89 and bought
Nimrod PC clones (now there's a story of how one WA company totally
dominated the public schools in computing and lost the lot!).
And if you can find a working Microbee, they go for a small fortune on ebay
(the last one I saw had a disk drive and went beyond $500!).
Seeya
Rod!