Hi Mark,

A hug thank you my Calculator is Updating Currency Exchange Rates again without quitting.
This is what I did ... (sort of following your instructions) :

user/library/application support/calculator/financialrates.plist .... dragged this to trash .... calculator still would quit
when I click Update Currency Exchange rates  .... so continued ...

user/library/caches/calculator/  ... and trashed 08 & 09 folders.

Opened Calculator & Update Currency Exchange Rates & yippeee it worked, no quitting .... So now I know how much I'm paying again for 'stuff' I buy from the US of A.

"The Creative Mind Is Like A Parachute
It Only Works When It's Open"