On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 14:25, Matthew Healey wrote:
> On 03/05/2004, at 11:14 AM, Adam Hewitt wrote:
> 
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Could whoever manages this list make the subject automatically add the 
> > list name in front of it, ie. Subject: [WAMUG] List name? I get absolutely
> > sh*tloads of SPAM and sometimes messages from my lists get tagged as 
> > SPAM
> > and it makes it very hard to quickly browse my SPAM folder without the
> > subject modification and all my other lists do it.
> >
> > Just a thought
> >
> > Adam.
> 
> Just add [email protected] to your address book and your spam filter 
> should cease marking this list as spam.
> 
> Alternatively, create a rule to automatically feed this list to a 
> specific folder.

This response makes it sound like as if the perfectly reasonable request
from Adam is not possible without actually going so far as to actually
state that.

That should not be the case, since other mailing lists I subscribe to
that also use Stalker as their mail server do have their subject
configured with the list name in their subject. (One other I can think
of, that even comes from this particular server :-)

There is a whole other argument that talks about adding "WAMUG - " or
"[WAMUG]" to a subject and the additional bytes that would take on
people's hard-disks and Internet connection, but I'll leave that as an
exercise to the reader.

If anyone is taking notes, I don't particularly care either way, my
email-program already knows the difference between WAMUG mail and other
mail and the suggestion to configure your SPAM filter is a reasonable
suggestion, but all I wonder is how to tag the messages from Daniel as
advertising - (smile, I'm kidding...)

So all in all, little information in this particular contribution from
me... Time for a cup of coffee...



... move along, nothing to see ...




PS. Just arrived in sunny NSW, seems we just escaped the snow in the
Dandenongs, next thing it will start snowing here and I'll have to
escape to Queensland...


Onno Benschop 

Connected via Optus B3 at S28°38'23" - E153°13'27" (Bishop's Creek, NSW)
-- 
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno.. 
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno.. 
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno.. 

Proudly supported by Skipper Trucks, Highway1, Concept AV, Sony Central, Dalcon
ITmaze - ABN: 56 178 057 063 - ph: 04 1219 8888 - onno at itmaze dot com dot au