Bill Parker & I both get group emails from our rowing club, that always have
attached to them something marked winmail.dat

Bill uses Panther & I use OS 10.2.8 and Entourage. I can open some, but not
all, of the winmail.dat attachments by using TNEF's Enough Carbon. I've
tried to open the attachments by using Windows 98 and Explorer on my wife's
dark-side machine, but without any success.

The sender is using Windows 98 and Outlook (not Outlook Express). She says
that she is sending Word or Excel documents. If that's the case, I can't
understand why the attachments come through as winmail.dat.

Some recipients of the group email can open the attachments. The sender's
ISP (iinet) says that because some recipients can open the attachments, the
problem must be at my end. Given that I've tried on two different computers
using different operating systems and Bill is on a third machine, I don't
think that that can be correct.

Any suggestions?


Regards,


Michael Hawkins.