On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 23:13, James / Hans Kunz wrote:
> you cannot just change wires to get a scsi harddisk to work on a ata
> system, the internal (burned into the ic on the hd) software protocol
> is to different plus the formatting gives another headache.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. I don't know what in my message gave you
the impression that I was suggesting that could be done. All I said was
that I thought the 7600 was ATA based, not SCSI based. In other words, I
thought it was made after Apple made the transition from SCSI hard disks
to ATA ones for the internal disks in PowerMacs.

(As a curiosity, it _is_ apparently possible to use SATA disks on Serial
Attached SCSI controllers. Cool, eh?)

--
Craig Ringer