On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 20:18, Kevin Phyland wrote:
> Hi every1,
>
> I repair permissions religiously every week and for the last two months I
> have gotten the following message:
>
> <We are using special permissions for the file or directory
> ./System/Library/Filesystems/cd9660.fs/cd9660.util.  New permissions are
> 33261>

33261 is the weirdest permissions value I've ever seen. Does HFS+ use a
completely different model for permissions, or are they really setting
that file to be write-only to the owner, read/write to the group, and
execute-only for anyone else?

Nope, looks like they're just printing the permissions value as a
decimal for some incomprehensible reason:

python -c 'print "%o" % 33261'
100755

seems much more reasonable - read/write/execute user, and read/execute
group and other.

--
Craig Ringer