Hello interested wamugers,

This month's Australian Macworld (09.2004) has a 'How To' Make sense of music formats.
iTunes encoding strategies.

On 31/08/2004, at 7:59 AM, choy wrote:

Paul,

as I wrote in my post, indeed it does mean you end up with an extra copy, unless there is some option that I have missed to stop that happening:
"Convert selection to MP3".

select this and voila! an MP3 copy will appear under the aac version in
your library.

Remember to delete the extraneous copies after you're done otherwise
your library will balloon in size.

dave