> Michael sold them years ago to Sony, so the remaining Beatles will never
> see them again.  Sad thing for Paul, as he actually had the chance to
> buy them back in the early 80s, but didn't have enough money.  He asked
> Yoko to pitch in, and she said no.  So Michael bought them!

Actually, it was the late Robert Holmes a Court who purchased them. He then
offered them to Michael Jackson as part of the deal to get him to appear on
Telethon. Those old enough to remember Jackson's efforts at live television
at the time will probably consider it one of Homes a Court's less inspired
business decisions.

Just as an aside, one of the other sweeteners offered to Jackson was a
Telethon Fellowship for overseas study to be named after him. Imagine that,
the Michael Jackson Telethon Fellow in Paediatrics! This fellowship was only
awarded once to my knowledge (to me) before the ATO nobbled the overseas
Telethon Fellowships, and since 1992 all Telethon Fellowships have been
awarded for research and/or advanced studies within Australia.

Regards,
John
--
John Winters