There seems to be little control over the way Apple Mail handles attachments. Firstly, the "Windows Friendly Attachments" box is unchecked by default but I would like it the checked by default as I am always forgetting to set it and for some recipients, notably with .doc attachments, this spells disaster. Is there a way of changing this? With JPEG images they are always "inserted" into the email, which is fine but often I would prefer them to go as attached icons like PDF or .doc or other uninsertable files. Is there a way around this? Maybe there is a hidden preferences panel that I have not found yet?
TIA
Severin Crisp

                    Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP
       15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
                      Phone  (08) 9842 1950   (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                             email  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        Web pages http://www.JennyCrisp.com.au
                          &  http://members.westnet.com.au/Crisp