On 18/11/2004, at 10:11 PM, Edward Arrowsmith wrote:

I am a friend of Edward who posts on this list and have a request for assistance.

Trying to hook an Apple LaserWriter 360 printer up to a 12" iBook. The printer has a RS-232 Serial DB25 pin port. I need an adaptor to go from the iBook USB port to the 25 pin port on the printer.

The printer also has a LocalTalk or 36 pin Centronics type Parallel connector for which I would also need a USB adaptor.

Janis:

I see you're having trouble with the Laserwriter I sold you.

Your best bet is a Farallon EtherMac iPrint Adaptor, which will interface the printer with an Ethernet network, which your iBook should have. I was selling one in the lot of stuff I was putting on ebay but someone else bought mine. Another competing product is AsanteTalk:

http://www.asante.com/products/adapters/asantetalk/

There are USB to Parallel adaptors but they sound fairly tricky to set up for OS X:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process? Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=1833&pcount=&Product_Id=106009&Section.Section_P ath=%2FUSB%2FAdaptersAndCables%2F

Hope it works out for you.

Cheers, Glen Low

---
pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff
www.pixelglow.com