Ken Woods wrote:

> Good mornin' all,
>
> I am considering broadband, what does the list think is the best download
> and upload speed combination, and which is the recommended modem/whatever To
> get.
>
> Ken
>
>
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro
>

A while back Westnet increased our download allowance here from 4G peak/4G off-peak to 8G/8G.

This was too much for us to find at the time so instead we increased our speed to 512k/128k-4G/4G from 256k/64k-8G/8G for the same $59.

Brilliant, many more streams now behave better and with 2 people using the connection 512k services this well.

We made a good move because since then the download allowance has been increased to 14G/14G anyway!

We have given up trying to reach *that* limit;)

I like the Netcomm modem range and it seems Westnet does too, as they dropped all other brands off of their list a while back.

I wish there were more ports than 20 in my NB1300 ADSL Router though, but thats because BitTorrent wants to use up 9 of them!
I do have enough ports left though.
I'm also running an FTP server through it without any fuss.


Good Luck

Paul