It took a lot longer to organise than I thought it would, but at last it
appears everything has been sorted out as far as sourcing the required
disks.

I'd like to thank everybody who offered help both on list and privately.

This episode demonstrated one of the great reasons for belonging to a Mac
User Group. In the beginning this invalid pensioner had her AppleWorks
Startup disk destroyed by her grandkids. As a housebound pensioner one of
her only means of entertainment (her old Apple Iic) couldn't be used. She
lives in Sydney and when she called Apple they gave her the phone numbers to
all 3 of the Sydney Mac User Groups.

The first 2 she rang laughed and said no way they would be able to help so
by the time she called the Sydney Mac Users Group which I also run and I
heard her story I wanted to help.

I also run the Australian Mac Users Group (whose aim is to help ALL
Australian Mac User Groups and Mac users) and try to monitor/get involved
with all the various Mac Groups in Australia. This is where WAMUG comes in.
Of all the Australian groups I feel WAMUG has the best email list and a
great membership based on my observations. It may seem strange with me being
in Sydney but WAMUG was my first choice in seeking help.

Despite a number of hick ups I got numerous offers of help. I'd like to
publicly thank James/Hans Kurt, John Weekes, Andrew Nielson for their offers
Kathy Quinlan, Rod, Robert Howells, Peter Hinchcliffe, Reg Whitely, Tom
Lewis, Rod Finlay, Jon Davison for their suggestions (hope I didn't miss
anyone) and James Fraser for eventually copying the disks and contacting the
lady about the disks. The interesting thing is that James Fraser lives in
Tasmania. It's funny that a Sydney Group went to a Western Australian Group
to be helped by a Tasmanian. This whole process shows what can be achieved
when Mac Users get together. It might seem minor to most people but to the
lady involved it was a small miracle.

All the best
Greg Sharp
President/Webmaster