Other than that, the question must be asked as to *why* the
privileges are not adequate in the first place.

I have just rechecked - they are -rw-r----- by default - this does not seem adequate for the Apache webserver (at least for non local clients).

At the very least, change the 'group' of the files so that they are readable by the web server.

The owner of the files is the current user "blah" (an Admin) and the group is "admin" - what should I change the group to?

 Also, are you still sure that the PC can't be fixed?

Yes, its truly awful software that runs the multichannel video card so I seem to be stuck with it.

Thanks for your help - I'm really keen to knock this one on the head!

Cheers, Antony.

=   Antony N. Lord           =     http://antonylord.com         =
=   [EMAIL PROTECTED]       =     Perth, Western Australia      =