Hi, using my EyeTV, I often record programs which I want to put on DVDs for viewing on our TV. However, find that the disks I make have lots of little pauses, which gets annoying over the course of a program. This is a consistent problem, and nothing to do with the recordings themselves, which are perfect when viewed on the computer.

Using:
PowerPC 1.25 gig, 1gig RAM
El Gato EyeTV  digital receiver
EyeTV software 1.7.1
Toast Titanium 6.0.7 for burning DVD's
DVD superdrive: Pioneer DVR--108 internal

The programs doing something called 'multiplexing' which is quite fast compared with 'encoding', which is what happens to my home videos when I want to burn them to DVD.

Has anyone had a similar problem and come up with a solution.

cheers, Susan.
---
Susan Hastings
Registered Psychologist