ahhhh OK ...hmmm better make my self a bit clearer...

first off thanks to the genuine multitude that posted back to me offering me their little pride and joys... and if you haven't joined the fray keep them coming ;)

secondly I belive that as Edward put his hand up first in raising his request I can only be fair to him and say that he should get first dibs on his choice of these machines.... fairs fair and I am more than willing to wait and take second round offerings after he's chosen. If you haven't already then please send the offers you made to me his way as well so that he gets a fair choice of hardware.

Thirdly there is no immediate ASAP imperative for me to purchase simply that I want to have a 12" iBook before I next go overseas later this year or middle of next year (hence the - "selling in the 6 months" time frame). That said I will purchase sooner or with in a reasonably short time (weeks rather than months) if the right offer comes my way.

Fourthly - and the real clincher is this - I am in the middle of getting 2 quotes for work salary sacrificed laptops: 1 for a 17" PowerBook which is my first choice as it will be a real upgrade from my current 15" 1Ghz 1Gb RAM Ti PowerBook if this gets the thumbs up then I will almost certainly buy a s/h 12" iBook.

However (for reasons that I won't go in to here except that they are .... huh....ummm ... something to do with a grey area of interpretation of the salary sacrifice regulations ) if and if they nock back the 17" PowerBook bundle I will try and salary package the same bundle with a new 12" iBook instead as a tide me over until next years PowerBook update (which rumor sites seem to suggest will be significant).

PS: I don't actually mind if the laptops you offer looks totally tatty so long as it is internally in good nick the need is for a travel laptop that will take up as little room as possible, attract as little attention as possible and cause me the least amount of heart break/insurance grief if it walks/breaks/gets sent to Peru when I'm going to Shanghai etc etc. I'll only need to run only web client, mail and iPhoto's and CD burner is important but not essential as photo's could be backed up to an iPod instead of CD's

--
~
Mark Secker [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO"
Hunter S Thompson(?)