I've found the cheapest way to fix something like this is to buy a similar printer at a computer auction, especially cheap if it has something else wrong with it, and salvage the parts. A $5 bargain may have $100's worth of parts at list price.

Not sure about current auctions but the laserwriters used to come up often enough to make it worth hanging on to your printer.

Cheers,

Mike