I was wondering if anyone out there can offer some advice on an issue I have with a Powerbook G3 Pismo 400mhz. Basically the unit crashes a few seconds into startup as is just when the flashing folder comes up it jams and that's it or if I boot from CD it sits on a grey screen. It boots and stays on when open firmware terminal is invoked (command-option-o-f) and I can continue typing etc without a problem but if I tell it to mac-boot it's back to the crash on first folder flash. Also firewire target disk mode works fine without freezing it's just the computer running naturally that causes the issues. I can't do anything with it apart from Open Firmware and Firewire target.. as I just freezes up and has to be forcefully shut down or reset. I've tried NVRAM resets, Set-defaults commands and reset-all in Open Firmware as well as PRAM resets, cold resets and removed backup battery/PRAM battery, main battery and CD module but still no improvement. Also wiped Hard Drive which meant the flashing folder crashed a few nanoseconds later than it did initially where I could only see a blank blue folder. I hope this kinda makes sense and that someone has some possible fixes they can offer. I'd like to revive this laptop as it is a feature packed unit :)

Regards Christian