boo to Sony, they have lost the plot

in cases like this, a simple rca to minipin cable and a domestic CD player, and the time to split the tracks in to separate files are all you need to circumvent copy protection. sure you may lose some quality doing the transfer as analog but nothing compared to what happens when you MP3 them

- most of my vinyl that I've ripped (obviously by analog means) sounds better than normal CD's when mp3'ed anyway.

<http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/10/sony-rootkits-and-digital-rights.html>

I just wish they didn't have a couple of my favourite artists, otherwise I'd never need to buy another Sony music product again :-)

(BTW, it doesn't affect Mac users, but I don't know if the CD would actually work in Macs full stop)

Seeya

Rod!

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro

--
~
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer

"It takes an idiot to do cool things.... that's why it's cool"
- Haruhara Haruka (FLCL)

Ubi fumus, ibi fumus