Hi, we had a query last night about EyeTV help. It loads as a pdf document in Preview on my computer without any problems. Running 10.4.3. So, not sure what is happening if its not loading for you.

I looked at disk spanning in the Toast help viewer, and confirmed that this is for data only, as we thought.

However, Toast 7 will compress video files to fit a larger video onto the 4.5 gig DVD disk. We used to need a separate program, Popcorn, for this, but now can do it with Toast.It stilll requires that you save the video as a disk image, rather than try to burn directly to a DVD, then burn your disk image to a DVD by choosing 'copy', and note that auto compression needs to be on for this to happen. You get the option under 'options' on the left hand side of the window.

You have this option if burning a video TS file to DVD, or a disk image.

To make a disk image of your EyeTV program file, export it to your desktop, then open Toast, drop it in, and choose 'save as disk image'.

I don't have a large enough file from EyeTV to experiment with at the moment, so doing this from memory.

Takes a little bit of fiddling and some time to process, but means that you don't need to use a dual layer drive and disks for larger video files.

Hey, if we had enough interest, could demonstrate this at a meeting, although we would have to have something else happening at the same time to allow for processing of the video.

cheers, Susan.