Hi list

I'm having an irritating intermittent problem with my internet connection with a G5 iMac.

Situation:

Airport hub, connected to broadband via telstra modem, working fine (apart from below).

iMac g3/400 running 10.4.2 with airport card, connects perfectly through airport to internet

Ti Powerbook g4/400 running 10.4.2 with airport card, connects perfectly through airport to internet

iMac g5 1.8 20" running 10.4.2 with airport extreme card: often the airport signal strength indicator greys out completely, then comes back on at full strength. Sometimes, even though the indicator is at full strength, the connection with the internet is painfully slow, other times it seems to work fine. At one time I thought the difficulties were associated with waking from sleep mode, but now seems to happen with no apparent cause. I can't remember when this started but it may have been after a security upgrade.

According to some of the mailing lists others have had similar problems which have been overcome by manually re-entering information into the airport hub, but I can't understand why the other machines are working fine. I haven't fiddled with the hub (other than powering it off and then on, which sometimes helps for a little while.)

Is anyone else experiencing anything like this? Is there something about Airport extreme that's different?

Grateful for any insights.

Mike

Mike Murray Consulting
28 Glyde Street