Well I'd hate to tell you all that there is a very, very simple solution. Highlight the song you want and press the loop button next to the Shuffle button in iTunes twice. It turns blue on first click indicating loop all songs, 2nd click means loop individual song (a "1" appears on the loop icon) The song will loop over and over and over until stopped :)
Shame you all haven't used it :P

Regards Christian