On 12/02/2006, at 5:04 AM, I wrote:

Howdy Mac,

I get to BBY around 1/10days.
I live in Harvey.
Spell out what kind of support you want if this situation fits in with
your plans.
I can't do more than be another amateur with good intentions.  You
know:  all care taken, no responsibility accepted kind of thing.

For myself,  I paid a tech contractor to be on call for my Dad when he
went online a few years ago.
The better techs are worth every cent they get for newbies.

Nancy M

This was in reply to the message from McCallum Malcolm that appeared in the list on Friday 10th and which had the subject line "Newbie". The message read:

"I am setting up a lady of 'Mature years' with an iMac and running 10.3.9 with a C60 printer. She is a Physiotherapist (retired :-)) and has all, and I mean all her buttons on. She has never owned a computer, mainly because of costs. I will give her a flying start but wonder if any kind Wamuggian would be a support person until she gets up to flying speed. I will not publish her address(S. of Bunbury) for obvious reasons but she is in 6230 and i will email her address to anyone who is in the area. Will set her up on westnet dialup (cannot do ADSL in this area)
Mac"

After replying off list to Mac, I copied my reply to Mac to the list as an afterthought. I apologise to those who wrote off list, for my poor attention to placing my reply in context.
It helps to have had some sleep  before dealing with list mail ;-)

Nancy M