Siomar Battery Industries

http://www.batterybook.com

2 Macadam Place
Balcatta Western Australia 6021
Ph:  +61 (08) 9 240 5000
Fax:  + 61 (08) 9 240 7777

Cheers
Paul

On 01/03/2006, at 3:04 PM, Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

At 1:15 PM +0800 1/3/06, Robert Howells wrote:
On 1 Mar 2006, at 1:03 PM, Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

My computer clock reset itself to January 1970 this morning.
Might this signal something nasty going on?
IMac G4 on OSX 10.2.8
Merv

Merv ,
at a guess your iMac might be 3 years or so old.

In which case the internal " Pram " battery most likely needs replacing.
This is usually one of the first symptoms.

About $15 , and you can probably do it yourself after some reading on " how to ".

Bob

Thanks Kevin and Bob
We were without power for over 5 hours yesterday evening so that might well have tested the age of my battery. The machine was on when the power dropped out but I don't think the drop out was associated with a spike. Looks as though a new battery is required.
Merv

--
"Science teaches that we must see in order to believe, but we must also believe in order to see."