On 9 Mar 2006, at 1:50 PM, Pat Scott wrote:

I just discovered that many e-mails sent to me by various e-mail lists have been bouncing. Only discovered it when e-mails from yahoogroups did not arrive and I checked the website. The message said, as an example:

Week of Bounced messages
3/5/2006        3
2/26/2006       17
2/19/2006       16
2/12/2006       18

for a total of 550 messages, when they cut off service.

We have broadband and iPhone service from iiNet. We use a G4 PowerMac dual processor tower and a G4 Powerbook, both running 10.4.5. We use Safari and Mail.app. We have a 604T Wireless D-link router from iiNet. Our download limit is 4 Gb, but we have never remotely approached that amount.

Usually the broadband is pretty zippy, but there have been occasions when it has slowed to such a crawl that we had to give up any browsing.

iiNet says probably our hardware or software is at fault, but I doubt it.

Can anyone shed light on what is happening? Is it likely something to do with iiNet's service?

Thanks,
     Pat

The messages would bounce before they got to your computer !

Typically they would bounce if your ISP rejected them because your mail box was full .

Do you have your Mail software set to leave the messages on the Server ?

Can you access your mail via a web access at your ISP and see just how much mail is sitting in your mailbox ?

What size is the Mailbox anyway ?
Do you get many mails with attachments that would fill it up ?

just a few thoughts for you 1

Bob