Hi Bill,

I was somewhat in the same situation as yours only recently. Here are some
links for software that will recover deleted files. Hopefully nothing has
been written on the disk since the deletion.

One suggestion might be to use the harddrive as a 'target' and try to
recover so that nothing is written on the drive. I'm sure someone with good
knowledge will let you know.

Good luck.

<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/1133> - Shareware
<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19622> - Free