yes, and this is not an uncommon problem.  Hopefully
you've purchased applecare and can get this easily
fixed.  If not, I would look on their website for a
recall.  (I'm not sure if they issued one, but it is
fairly common).

The interesting thing though, is that this problem
probably effects a lot more people.  A number of
people may only have one ram chip and not two and
thus, would never realize that they had the problem
until they tried to upgrade the ram.  Also, most
people don't check the apple system profiler, so they
might not realize that their system isn't using all of
the ram in the system.

I've seen this about 3 times where I work and we have
150+ macs probably 50 are newer laptops that are
reported to have this issue (I haven't been actively
checking them).

Mike

--- Edward Arrowsmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>