On 03/05/2006, at 3:00 PM, Natas Porter wrote:

experts..?

please!

http://daringfireball.net/2006/05/good_journalism

This article says it all, IMHO.

To put it bluntly, the score so far stands at:
Mac OS X - 2
Widows - countless thousands

and even the two for Mac are still little more than proof of concept. Shortly after the Ommpa-Loompa Trojan was announced, a journalist writing for MacWorld deliberately infected one of his Mac with it, then spend two hours' hard work, in conjunction with a colleague, to get it to do anything at all. When they finally succeeded, the effects were worth no more than a shrug.

On the other hand, an unprotected, new installation of Windows XP (SP1) or 2000 can become infected with a virus within minutes of being connected to the Internet. This is far more impressive.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913