On 06/05/2006, at 6:32 AM, Paul Chong wrote:

With all this recent going on, now I find that my DVDs are not mounting at all on the desktop
and hence I am not able to play them like I used to.
The Max Help section does not not seem to be of assistance.
Your expert practical advice please.
Paul
PS: Just in case, you don't know or remember, I'm using an iMac:
        Version 10.3.9          Processor 800 MHz Power PC G4
        Memory 256 MB SDRAM

Hi Paul,

Open a Finder window to see if the disc appears there.
 If it does, your Finder preferences are set not to show
removable media on the desktop.

 To change this setting, choose Finder > Preferences
 and click the "Removable media" checkbox.

Check your CD & DVD preferences by choosing Apple menu > System Preferences and clicking CDs & DVDs. If you've set the computer to ignore a CD or DVD when it's inserted,
 you won't see your disc on the desktop or in a Finder window.
 Change the appropriate setting to open the Finder
when a disc is inserted.

Car'n The Pies