On 08/06/2006, at 6:29 PM, Lloyd White wrote:

I have a friend looking for a second hand external hard disk of at least 20
G for back-up purposes.
She wants firewire so she can boot from it.
Does anyone have something reliable at a reasonable price?

I made myself a 400G external HD using the MacPower enclosure (Firewire 400/800, USB 2.0 + eSata). 336.00 + 216.16. Goto http:// www.staticice.com.au/ and plug in the components if you know what they are. The result was Firewire-bootable (it actually has either backup disk or a Linux install on it) and fast because of the FW 800 + SATA internal.

Cheers, Glen Low

---
pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff
www.pixelglow.com
aim: pixglen