You make an image of your drive the way it is right now.  When or if
you have to do a restore boot from your external drive that has the
image on it, use disktools to erase the internal drive and then do a
restore to that drive.  The time it takes to restore depends on how
big the image is.  For instance tonight I have just done 7 restores
of an image that is just under 9gb and these took about 15mins each
and these were from slow 4200 external firewire drives.

Hope that helps.

Regards

roger

>
>
>---- Original Message ----
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: Re: Ghost Image Mac CLone
>Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 19:30:57 +0900
>
>>Thanks for the Replys
>>
>>With Superduper I see I can create a image but cant see if it can  
>>restore completely
>>back to the drive that is bootable "The drive that has the OSX"
>>
>>On Windows when using Norton ghost I can use a image i created  
>>previously
>>the PC will reboot and restore the image back on my C: drive
>>so when the PC reboots it back to the original state as when the  
>>image was created.
>>Ive done this for many years on the PC and this is the easiest way
>to  
>>reinstall windows
>>with all the drivers/software that can take 10 - 15 minutes.
>>
>>Just trying to work out if this can be done on OSX
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>        Regards
>>                     Ray
>>
>>On 03/12/2006, at 4:07 PM, Robert Howells wrote:
>>Ray ,
>>
>>I can vouch for Superduper available from Shirtpocket .
>>Demo version with limited functions is available , registered
>version  
>>is excellent with it's extra functions .
>>
>>Create a Sparse Disk Image on your external firewire drive and copy 
>
>>your drive ,or your home folder or to it .
>>
>>Download and description available here :-
>>
>><http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html/>
>>
>>The Superduper version 2.1.3 is for 10.3.9 and above .
>>If you have earlier OSX and you cannot find an earlier version  
>>Superduper I can help
>>
>>You need to determine what you expect to do and then orgainse things
> 
>>accordingly .
>>
>>With OSX the actual full system is split amongst a number of folders
>  
>>and invisible files .
>>Send some scenarios and I can send suggestions .
>>
>>
>>-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>>Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>>Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>>Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>