On 12/12/2006, at 1:41 PM, John Weekes wrote:

Hi All

I have recently updated my computer from one running OS 9.2.2 to one running OS 10.4.8.

The new machine now has both Firefox & Safari installed. Is there a simple way to organise bookmarks for each program alphabetically ? .... apart from the "drag-and-drop" method.

I have the feeling that I have overlooked something and that the answer is obvious to everyone - except me !

Hi John,

As far as I know Safari will not sort Bookmarks alphabetically, it never has. Safari Sorter was great & free in OSX10.3.9 Panther but not available for OSX10.4 Tiger.

Bookdog is great & will do what you want, but it's not free.
Bookdog is the world's premier shepherd and guardian of your bookmarks for the world's premier operating system, Mac OS X. Bookdog can sort, organize, eliminate duplicates, automatically verify and migrate bookmarks between Safari, Camino, Firefox, OmniWeb and Opera.

<http://www.sheepsystems.com/products/bookdog/>