Recently all CDs she has tried to burn have been unusable on CD players - tracks 1-8 are fine, but tracks beyond 8 cannot be directly addressed using the CD's forward/backward buttons. All tracks can be played, but tracks beyond 8 show on the display as so many minutes and seconds into track 8. ..[it works fine in itunes and all tracks on the CD look OK]

what is the writing speed? should be max 8x for reliable burn

8x with no other applications running

did you try different brand of cd-r?

two brands, both well known

can you burn 650meg of data & read them all?

didn't try this, but it is a good suggestion and I'll give it a go

try another burn software

I can do this, but toast used to work for her - this is a new problem with old software. Someone suggested it could be hardware. It doesn't feel like hardware to me, but it is difficult to see how it is toast when a re-install fails to fix it. I can drop back to toast V5 and see if it makes a difference.

Cheers, K
--
Kaye Stott and Geoff Prince
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]