The only problem I¹ve had with Parallels is an apparent ³timing out² of the
USB connection to my Garmin GPSMap76Cx.

Short data transfers are fine (4 or 5 thousand track point tracklogs + 400
waypoints), but transferring maps from the Mapsource program to the GPS
seems to be limited to around 40mb or so. The GPS device disappears with a
"can't be found" error message from Mapsource.

I can only just get all of WA onto the GPS (Metroguide +
Tracks4AustraliaPro) if I have a few tries.

I have a 1gb card in the GPS and would like to get all of Aus for the above
maps, plus the 20m contours, a total of about 900mb. Currently, the only way
I can do this is to use a "real" PC.

Has anyone had any issues with this sort of USB transfer?

[Macbook Pro 17" 2.33ghz, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.4.9, Parallels v3.0, Windows XP,
Mapsource v6.1]