Hi WAMUGers,

My new MacBook Pro - (MacTel), 2.4GHz / 3GB / 160GB OSX10.4.10 is having a little 'hiccup'.

When I take a Screenshot ... 'Picture 1.png' or create a PDF from the Print Dialogue Box,
they do not show up on the desktop.

Spotlight shows that the file is on the desktop but it doesn't show on the desktop.

I can use 'Show or Hide Invisible Files 1.5' to show invisible files, then hide invisible files .... and the 'Picture 1.png' & the PDF show and remain showing on the desktop.

So what this is indicating to me is that something is preventing the Finder/Desktop from refreshing properly.
But what ???
I have heard the Stuffit Expander can cause problems with Spotlight ... hmmmm, I wonder.

Has anyone else experienced this with a new MacBook Pro or do I continue searching for an answer? 'MacTel' is probably paying me back for installing 'Yuk-WindowsXP Pro' on him ..... he wanted to remain Pure ;-)

Thanks for any information as to why this is happening, I appreciate it as always.

Cheers,
Ronni




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>